I know I’ve been promising to write posts that are a little more informative and useful. So here it is. This is the first of a short series of informative posts about what to wear and things to do in order to prepare for a successful senior portrait session with your senior photographer. There are a number of things that will help you plan and prepare for your senior session with a local photographer to capture the real you. The first installment covers what to wear.
- Bring multiple outfits (formal and casual) that express who you are
- Solid colors and long sleeves photograph best
- Bring matching shoes, socks, and accessories to complete your outfits
- Iron wrinkled clothes prior to your session
- Consider bringing letter jackets, uniforms, sports equipment, and musical instruments to express your interests, making your portraits personal
You may also want to consider places that say something about your personality, style, lifestyle and the mood you want to convey. Popular locations are parks, lakes, urban areas, fire escapes, railroad tracks, etc.
Here are a few pictures from past senior portrait sessions.
Stay tuned. Also check out Lake Charles Family Photographer website